When Is It Time To Buy a New Mattress?
If your current mattress makes you toss and turn all night trying to find a comfortable spot, it’s time to consider purchasing a new mattress.
Somzi is dedicated to providing a good night’s sleep with our innovative gel-swirl memory foam top layer and luxurious Serene® Foam middle layer.
Somzi mattresses are ideal for all body types and provide great support for those experiencing back pain.
Whether you prefer to sleep on your back, on your stomach, or curl up on your side, you’ll experience a restful sleep with a Somzi foam mattress.
Average Lifespan of Different Mattress Types
There are many factors that affect the longevity of your mattress including the type of mattress, quality and use of your mattress. A mattress that is on a rarely used guest bed may be still in mint condition after more than 10 years.
On average, most mattresses last between 5 to 10 years before needing a replacement. If you’re wondering when to get a new mattress, check out the average lifespan of different types of mattresses:
- Spring mattress: 7 years. With regular use, most spring mattresses lose their support with each passing year.
- Futon: 5 years. Due to the constant folding and bending of the mattress and with less durable fabric such as cotton, futons have a shorter lifespan.
- Air mattress: 8 years (varies depending on quality of construction). Air beds can be repaired if there are problems such as a leak, or a broken air pump.
- Standard memory foam mattress: 7 years. Over time, a memory foam mattress begins to sag.
- Somzi foam mattress: 10 year warranty. Built with premium gel-swirl memory foam and Serene® foam layers , Somzi mattresses are built to last
Signs You Need a New Mattress
If you wake up each morning with a sore back, hips or shoulders, this is usually a telltale sign that you need a new mattress. Even if your mattress is only a few years old, sometimes due to daily wear-and-tear or poor construction, you may need to replace it sooner. Here are other signs of when to replace a mattress:
- Lumps and bumps. If your mattress has more lumps and bumps than a gravel road, it makes for a bad night’s rest.
- Too saggy. There’s soft; then there’s saggy. Mattresses that have become too soft don’t provide adequate support and lead to poor spinal alignment.
- If you’re sneezing excessively during the night, this is a sign of an old, dusty mattress. Spring mattresses, in particular, are notorious for collecting dust mites between the springs that unfortunately stay trapped over the years. If you’re already prone to allergies or have asthma, you’ll find relief with a new foam mattress.
- A noisy box spring. If a squeaky box spring is keeping you up at night, it’s a sign your mattress isn’t providing enough support.
- You feel every move from your partner. One of the most irritating things is if every move your partner makes causes you to roll around too. This is typical of old spring mattresses that sag in the middle.
- Poor sleep. If you get the recommended hours of sleep each night and still don’t wake up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, change your mattress.
If you can relate to any of these issues and feel the time is right to get a new mattress, check out a premium Somzi memory foam mattress.